Final Exam: Design Stages

Part 1: Logo Design
Logo
This is the logo I used for my website and I will be using it for my portfolio. I feel like it represents me as well as the fact that I need to keep things consistent across all mediums I use to show off my work.

Part 2: Portfolio Design

This slideshow requires JavaScript.


This is the cover for my portfolio, I made sure it looked a lot like my website for consistency. I used photoshop to make all of it and I added some textures to make it a bit more interesting looking.
In the end I wanted a bit more of a notebook paper type look which is where the lanes came from and I got what I wanted. As for the back of my portfolio, eventually I will change the blog name to my website once its all up and running properly.

Part 3: CD-Cover

This slideshow requires JavaScript.


This is my CD-Cover, there really isnt too much to say about it, its basically a shrunken version of my portfolio cover. The only changes are slight modifications to the text and logo on both sides so it would better fit the square space instead of its old rectangle one.

Part 4:
Portfolio

Final Project: Progress – Assignment

Pinkie-Bathroom-Scene-Day-1Day 1:
After one days work this is what the scene looks like. Most of the work came from small details and picking out the right gradients such as the ones on the windows and mirror as well as on the bulbs and carpets. The rest of the things I need to make are the different props in the scene (such as the sink) which will take up most of my time.

Pinkie-Bathroom-Scene-Day-2
Day 2:
This is how the scene looks now. It took awhile because the top of the shower had a lot of gradients that had to be done and a lot of pieces that had to be fit together. Each red stripe had to be made separate then made to fit the ring then each little ring for the curtain had to be made and adjusted to fit the large ring.

Pinkie-Bathroom-Scene-Final

 

Day 3: Final
This is the final piece  the curtains are probably where I put the most detail. I had to use several layers in order to get the gradients right on the curtains. It came out just how I wanted and It may not be a massive improvement over the original, but I think its still really good.

 

Whiteboard Animation: Assignment

 This is my final animation for the Whiteboard Animation assignment. It was a collaborative project with one of my friends. The shooting was done with their camera and I did the editing with After Effects and Premiere Pro CS6, all the backgrounds were made in Photoshop CS6. The start of the animation was based off of the Rhythm Heaven series and the ending was just a few basic motions.

Assignment: Animate = Inanimate

Animate-Inanimate

This is the animate/inanimate assignment I did for class. It is not my best work by any means but I think I just put so much effort into it that I overdid it. I used mixtures of blur, smudge, sharpen, and cloning to try and mesh the objects together. I also used the polygonal lasso tool to separate and move some pieces.