7. Nature Photography:
Nature photographers are very much sought-after by media houses. Works of these creative geniuses can be seen in magazines like ʻNational Geographicʼ. Nature photography encompasses various other types of photography, such as-
8. Landscape Photography:
These photographs mainly highlight the natural beauty of any place. It includes areas of wilderness, deserts, mountains or even waterfalls.
9. Underwater Photography: Underwater photography is an interesting art form that explores a whole new world beneath the deep blue seas. Itʼs an extremely challenging task because a photographer should be equipped with all the knowledge about swimming and scuba diving to capture the best images while swimming in the blue waters!
10. Seascape Photography: Capturing nature in her many moods would be interesting for all lovers of the environment. A photographer who is dedicated completely to seascape photography should always lie in wait for the beauty of the sea to unfold. Here the concentration is mainly on capturing various moods of the ocean, at different times of the day or even seasons!
11. Cloudscape Photography: This genre of photography is completely dedicated to capturing various images of the cloud formations. Black and white photography in particular can be creatively used for this branch of photography.
12. Travel Photography: Travel photography involves capturing images of a particular landscape or even people from different countries. A photographer who is dedicated to this type of photography captures various traditions and customs of a place.
13. Architectural Photography: Architectural photography, as the name suggests, is all about the capturing images of different styles of architecture in different lights. This type of photography would require the photographers to be an expert in the technical, as well as the visual department.
Richard J. Levy
14. Portrait Photography: Portrait photography is all about capturing the mood of a person with an emphasis on the face and expression of a person. This style of photography need not only be about professional models, it can encompass any kind of a person. Family portrait photographs are very much in demand but this does not mean itʼs all about a basic snapshot. There are many creative ways a photographer can use to make a portrait photograph look equally stunning!
15. Photojournalism: Photojournalism is all about telling a story about a particular event or incident through a single photograph. This genre of photography is used mainly by publications to represent the latest news. In this case, the photographerʼs visuals and the writerʼs story should compliment each other. For example, if a writer is making a specific mention of a particular location in the story, the photographer can find innovative ways to capture the same on camera. Photojournalism can be further classified into –
Brian L Frank
16. Documentary photography: Here, the photographer has to present an image that best represents the incident being spoken of in true form. In this case, press photographers usually submit their images to the concerned publication but in recent times, press photographers from all over the world often display these at exhibitions as well.